Broader Job responsibilities at Paysquare
- Managing the Operations, delivery of 1000 plus clients payroll ( Domestic and International ) month on month basis
- Leading a team of 8 to 10 Managers of Pune and Mysore location
- Adopting & Setting the best operations practices to ensure effective delivery
- Ensuring client satisfaction month on month basis
- Following the compliance + audit requirements set by various standards
- Reporting the CEO – reviewing the performance of the team
- Managing the growth of the Operations vertical in accordance with the sales team
The technical parameters are as below.
The Payroll Operations Head will be responsible for Payroll Operations work across multiple locations. The incumbent will supervise a team of resources in the execution of Payroll delivery, Tax and Statutory payments and compliances within their locations while working closely with global and regional partners including the Accounting, Controllership, Tax, Legal and Country/Regional Leaders. The successful candidate will be strong hands-on operations generalist who will be focused on delivering Payroll processes, the overall employee experience as well as quality/controls in a complex money movement/ payroll, accounting and multi-jurisdictional tax environment.
– Responsible for the accurate, timely and secure delivery of the payroll related services in conjunction with outsourced service providers. This includes the timely and accurate processing including reviewing the payroll calculations for accuracy and appropriate withholdings in accordance with legislative and/or regulatory guidelines; transfer of payroll information to the payroll vendor/ systems, checking of payroll outputs, vendor feedback and query resolution.
– Actively manage payroll processes and activities including local handling of cases/escalations, data flow management, tax, quality assurance, risk and controls, reporting and metrics.
– Manage the country Payroll Operational Team and ensure that the team members have the requisite skills, knowledge and abilities to deliver effectively.
– Establish a solid controls environment to effectively manage risks for the function, including compliance with all statutory requirements and tax impacts.
– Develop and enhance appropriate metrics and reporting to assess effectiveness of operational model and employee compliance, while looking for and implementing improvements
– Act as a subject matter expert to organize and facilitate ongoing development, evaluation/ testing and maintenance of processes (Tax and Regulatory changes) and documentation (SOPs and Checklists)
– Oversee regional or country vendors that may be engaged to support the services ensuring compliance with the firm’s vendor management requirements; ensure compliance with agreed service level performance.
– Partner with Payroll Accounting and Tax to deliver accurate and timely Payroll accounting, accruals and reporting
– Proactively anticipate and prevent service delivery issues and barriers, acting swiftly to engage appropriate resources, communicate/escalate; in cases where service issues have occurred, be responsible for ensuring effective containment, remediation, root cause analysis, communication and implementation of preventative measures
– Actively engage in the Projects in the Payroll space including Resiliency, Automation, Money movement and any others
– Other duties as assigned
– Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting
– 13+ years of operations experience with previous leadership responsibilities
– Proven track record of successfully managing operations with focus on quality, driving change, and delivering effective service to customers
– Knowledge and experience in money movement/ Payroll, Tax and/or Accounting is highly preferred
– Possesses a proven track record of delivering results through cross-functional teams and influencing stakeholders
– Demonstrated process management experience; experience in process re-engineering is a plus
– Experienced in identifying and mitigating operational risk through effective controls
– Able to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment; can simultaneously manage and deliver multiple projects
– Outstanding work ethic with a high degree of confidentiality
– Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship and consensus building skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization; effectively gains agreement and consensus for ideas
– Has sound judgment, recognizes when action is required and proactively takes it while communicating to and managing stakeholders